Monday, September 22, 2008

Chip7 Interview

interviewed by 2H
www.computerchip7.com

First off Fatso or Notso? Hmm. Fats

Eye color, glasses contacts yay or nay? In the immortal words of the band NEW ORDER ''oh you got blue eyes,oh you got green eyes,oh you got grey eyes'' or something like that

Favorite type of girl aka Kool-Aid flavor?PINEAPPLE

Favorite Wu-Tang member? Killa Priest (but I don't think he's still down)...GZA

If you were going to die today how would you wanna go? sleeping

Last type of food you would eat? some thai food,yellow curry with an ice coffee, then i'd go for some real pricey sushi.


Do you pee in a pool? In a shower? no comments

Have you ever picked up a girl with art? no ,but i once met a girl because i had a ''SMITHSFITS'' shirt my homie gave me with moz man's face on the crimson ghost. kudos to the shirt on that one.

What's your story, what got you into this artsy fartsy shit anyway? always drew myself to sleep as a baby.was into comics, spent my entire 20's doing graffiti,started focusing on inside work,in my studio...

Do you like to travel if so where's your favorite spot and if you haven't been there where do you wanna go? love to travel, last 2 and a half years I got to go many places. southeast asia, europe. Next year i want to go to japan. The six months i lived in Thailand was crazy ups and downs but i wouldn't trade it for the world... Amsterdam bed and breakfest with ol' girl was a real blast

Are you married or are you still boning around jersey town? very recently divorced,and not getting any type of you know what currently

Have you ever smoked wierd stuff with some friends, a gallery owner and or a hobo? Smoke shop Salvia

Care to elaborate? I think we smoked it all wrong,3-D vision* was brief at the gallery (Chip's and Pars show at BLVD Gallery was painted in 3-D)

Any wild crazy cop stories for the kids? I once had to hide in a hole in the ground that had a drainpipe in Ohio, After a little bit of bootleg Barry Sanders footwork from a spot getting trailed. I had taken something that contains a ''triple helix'' that day. While squeezed in the pipe, in the hole in the ground that you could not see, unless you fell in it. I kept hearing whispers of ''yo,yo yo''. I thought my friends were trying to get my attention. Turns out it was not my friends, but those known as ''jake''. I stayed in this pipe in the woods until dawn. I also ate a graffiti style bussiness card this guy had given me to not have any evidence if they found me ,better safe than sorry . In the morning I ended up walking the wrong way back to the house we were staying at, an extra 9 miles. What a vacation....the worst was yet to come


Favorite toy growin up? Star Wars ish, Voltron with the cars, G.I. Joe Tranformers, standard stuff

Favorite cartoons? Spiderman from the late 60's reruns, Spiderman and his amazing friends (es. firestar she was really amazing) Thundercats, Robotech, He-Man for the skulls.

What kinda paints your favorite, and what kinda materials are you using to construct madness lately? I was using everything i could get my hands on, towards 2009 mostly gonna be messing with cell paints, and other acylics, inks, etc.

What have you done for someone lately? Drawing a blank right now, i think i'm a decent person. hmmmmmmmm

Gotta any new shows or rad plans coming up you wanna plug? Planning on moving down south ,breathing in the fresh air, working on bigger paintings that take much more time, seeing where the wind takes me. Oh yeah me and Pars are doing a 3-D shirt for Mathamatiks...

Anybody you wanna give shout outs to all around the world wide interweb? All my guys... in Mayhem and CBS, Parskiddo, Warship, the homies in Chicago's d30, Naceo forever

Thanks for your time,---->2H

for more info check out www.computerchip7.com




No comments: